Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

BAN Request; Player "chris", multiple reasons

Forum rules
WARNING: There is a high chance of you breaking a forum rule, if you post a reply to these topics, which can result in a ban.

Topics are moved here to be dealt with later, if the topic serves no real benefit to community, or the topic:
  • incites or has developed into arguments
  • is reporting/discussing/abusing other players
  • is related to a ban
crayon
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: crayon

BAN Request; Player "chris", multiple reasons

Postby crayon » 28 Apr 2016, 16:43

Heard player "chris" discussing in deadspeak how to pickup enemy uniform and use it or rather telling his "squad" members that they must do it and how to do so.

My opinion was this is abuse of bug as it's clear time has been taken in attempts to prevent such action through game mechanics. I stated this opinion.

Player "chris" concluded by screaming "pansy", "faggot" (basically whatever a 13 year old with severe ADHD would be screaming) and then screaming "Let's go bug abusing" at which point I respawned to get away from his voice which, as I've stated previously, I find physically irritating.

Again, I find it unfortunate such behaviour is tolerated on what should be, in my opinion, a somewhat mature gaming platform.
Last edited by crayon on 12 May 2016, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
It is highly unlikely you will find a lasting solution to a problem if you do not adequately comprehend the origin of that problem.

"an appeaser is someone who feeds a crocodile hoping that he will be eaten last"

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
In-game Name: Schadler17

Re: BAN Request; Player "chris" advocating the usage of enemy uniforms

Postby Schadler17 » 29 Apr 2016, 08:49

Need some kind of proof to back it up or its just finger pointing. I'll be watching him in game more often though now when I'm on. Suggest others do the same.

To Chris, if you are doing it, quit while you're ahead, otherwise you'll see yourself playing on different servers in the near future.
Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
C'est la vie, adios, good riddance, f*** you.

chrisvdbrug
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name: chris

Postby chrisvdbrug » 29 Apr 2016, 12:44

haha really?

its funny he told me he dident care about me using it.. and now this post?
i was telling new guys to pick up the usa vest. cous it beter... i even see admins do it.. picking up a m4 and stuf is just smart to confuse the other side.

then this crayon guys start screaming its bug abusing ... its not... soo i told him dont b a pansy. and let us play. then he keep harrasing me and the guy i was talking to ...
he try to get me band 2 times now you sould ban him for this f*** st*p*d s*** all the time..
and he says im the kid?
man crayon grow a pair and learn to play.

Schadler17 your watching me? sounds kinda creepy... you sould ask the admin that play in my team all the time. stead of asking a guy that dont like me and want to get me band at anny cost... ask OLI , or TONI .

omL
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: omL

Postby omL » 29 Apr 2016, 13:22

both as bad as each other :D

crayon
Community Member
Community Member

Postby crayon » 29 Apr 2016, 14:33

chrisvdbrug wrote:haha really?

its funny he told me he dident care about me using it.. and now this post?
i was telling new guys to pick up the usa vest. cous it beter... i even see admins do it.. picking up a m4 and stuf is just smart to confuse the other side.

then this crayon guys start screaming its bug abusing ... its not... soo i told him dont b a pansy. and let us play. then he keep harrasing me and the guy i was talking to ...
he try to get me band 2 times now you sould ban him for this f*** st*p*d s*** all the time..
and he says im the kid?
man crayon grow a pair and learn to play.

Schadler17 your watching me? sounds kinda creepy... you sould ask the admin that play in my team all the time. stead of asking a guy that dont like me and want to get me band at anny cost... ask OLI , or TONI .

I didn't scream, merely commented. Player "chris" then became somewhat hysterical and started screaming insults which is quite a typical reaction for him.

"Bug abuse" is defined as attempts to circumvent the games mechanics in order to get an unfair advantage. Game mechanics are in place to prevent use of enemy assets including weapons and equipment. Attempts to circumvent these mechanics is bug abuse. Discussion of how to circumvent these mechanics in deadspeak is the advocation of bug abuse.

By now it's pretty evident what kind of a guy we are dealing with here. Whether this style of player fits in with the TacBF concept or not I can't say but I don't think it should and I think he represents a bad example for any new player and has an overall negative effect on the TacBF experience.

Anyway I will see about screencapping or maybe recording although honestly I didn't anticipate he would straight out lie but thinking about it now there is really no reason he wouldn't and I generally just try to have nothing to do with the guy.

Note; player "chris" has repeatedly made statements to me along the lines of "If you try to get me banned I will get you banned" and we know he has kept information about my in-game actions before as "leaverage" (or however he spelled it) going so far as to bring up my in-game actions from 3 months ago in order to defend against a ban appeal I posted against him last week, so it's quite clear he is also attempting to manipulate the admin system. He seems to think this is some kind of contest to see who can manipulate the admin system but doesn't realise I have no interest in manipulating anyone and just genuinely think he should find a different community, perhaps a younger one.

"man crayon grow a pair and learn to play" - pretty childish statements tbh. Really think this guys attitude alone warrants a 1 month ban. He clearly thinks it is acceptable and even funny to verbally insult other players and clearly has no respect for the community.

Suggest 1 month ban and locking thread. Community will benefit from not having him around. Community suffers from having him around.
It is highly unlikely you will find a lasting solution to a problem if you do not adequately comprehend the origin of that problem.

"an appeaser is someone who feeds a crocodile hoping that he will be eaten last"

Evans
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name:

Postby Evans » 29 Apr 2016, 18:27

Sry to come in the discusion , but Crayon , you are the one who is harassing more , you don t stop posting about Chris , you seems to be obsess by him, and you seems to be the only one that bother , by posting all the time , Chris is a good player , using working tactics, and mostly give a chance to blufor, just avoid and ignore each other. .

Taking enemy gear , is smart and if it's not forbidden , it's allowed ,i did it my self bunch of time (not for the same reason , out of ammo or cause m16 suck as medic) ....but it s not a use bug modder can easly block enemy gear .

And it' s more realistic , in War history , they all had scavage , and loot their enemy , to gear or re-gear them ,for spec operation , to study it , to not let their enemy get their gear back .....that's why most army don't let anything on field , they prefer sabotage their own technology rather than let it to the enemy ....

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadler17 » 29 Apr 2016, 18:52

There's nothing in the rules about taking enemy gear and to my knowledge its not restricted by the script.(Haven't tried taking enemy gear for a few patches, so I might be wrong on that, not 100% sure)

If its blocked by the script and he's finding ways around it, its considered bug abuse, especially if he's doing it intentionally to get around the system. If not, then he's done nothing wrong. Either way, you need proof. Without proof, this report is invalid, unless he confesses to it, which he probably wont, so that's that.

In the end, the s*** between both of you needs to stop. I don't know how many times we have to tell you both, if you can't get along, don't interact with eachother. If you hear the other one talking in dead-chat, f*** ignore them. If they're harrassing/insulting you, get proof (video or screenshots, use Overwolf or Steam Overlay for them) and report it to an admin and we'll deal with it. But going back and fourth between the both of you isn't helping either one of you.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 29 Apr 2016, 23:39

If I wasnt so busy with other projects I would probably ban you both :twisted: but please stfu and play.

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadler17 » 30 Apr 2016, 01:17

Gunther.S wrote:If I wasnt so busy with other projects I would probably ban you both :twisted: but please stfu and play.

Only reason I haven't is because I cbf'd responding to the unban threads.

crayon
Community Member
Community Member

Postby crayon » 11 May 2016, 16:35

Player chris is still trashtalking after game, still insulting people, still contributing to the degradation of respect within this community.

3 months ago I reported the toxic behaviour of this individual to admin.

I can say personally a number of people I know have stopped playing this mod due to this guys lack of respect and constant trashtalk.

Again, I don't think there is place for this behaviour in a mature gaming community.

Attaching screencaps of examples of the guys negative actions.

Return to “Argumentative Topics”