Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

[2nd Round] General Information for Translators

For the members of the language localisation group who are working on translating the existing system.

Moderator: mad rabbit

mad rabbit
Community God
Community God
In-game Name:

[2nd Round] General Information for Translators

Postby mad rabbit » 19 Jun 2014, 11:41

Screenshot of shared TacBF Translation Google Drive:

TacBF Translation Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0&usp=sheets_web#folders/0B1jZOEoYXDUJYlpKWkEwUjh1NXM

Guide on Translation by Gearz: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gH-txXDSPh6nUH0b4hke9lXBGbJ5BoPORv_CBnRhE_o/edit?usp=sharing
(I will try make a condensed version for quick reference in the future)

I've have migrated the translations from the 1st round, including my edits during integration, into the above centralized Google Drive. I have also created similar folders for the 2nd round. The composition of the folders may change over time but this gives you an idea of the setup.

Workflow:
  1. As I extract text strings from the mod that require translation they will be placed into spreadsheets in the shared folder "Translate"
  2. All strings to be translated will be in the form of Google Sheets with a column in this spreadsheet for each language. This is an online version of an Excel Spreadsheet which can be downloaded to your computer locally to be edited. However please cut-and-paste back into this shared Google Sheet once you are done.
  3. Once this first pass of translations has been done I will move the Google Sheet to the "Integrated" directory, with my edits/comments
  4. If I come across incomplete sections of translations I will place these into the "Integrated > Incomplete" shared directory.

Obviously this process will need to be refined as we go along to make it easier for all involved.

Some things to decide for the future:
  • easier determination of incomplete translations for a certain language.-. spreadsheet colour coding
  • better notification of translators or integrator (mad rabbit) that work has been done -> Activity Feed

mad rabbit
Community God
Community God
In-game Name:

Re: [2nd Round] General Information for Translators

Postby mad rabbit » 19 Jun 2014, 12:38

Translation Team Details: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TggKl5d1MKRoKlysqKZhg3PGsb0tyEUD7xAUmwuXDzI/edit#gid=0

Current translation team: - as of 19/09/14
{Y} = confirmed
{N} = not confirmed
  • {Y} - Alonso [BW] - Spanish
  • {N} - El Calvi [Clan Vikingos] - Spanish
  • {N} - MisTyK - French
  • {Y} - Jhonny - Italian
  • {Y} - CharlieTwoFive - German
  • {N} - Bulych - Russian
  • {N} - Viktorych - Russian
  • {N} - exe74rus - Russian

Most of you should already have access to the shard Google Drive above. If you are new addition to the translation team and/or do not have access to the above Google Drive, please let me know.

Return to “Language Localisation Task”