Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

Language Localisation Task stopped?

For the members of the language localisation group who are working on translating the existing system.

Moderator: mad rabbit

CharlieTwoFive
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: CharlieTwoFive

Language Localisation Task stopped?

Postby CharlieTwoFive » 04 May 2015, 14:07

Hey guys,

what is going on regarding the Language Localisation Task? Has the project been stopped? There havent been any news or revelant posts in the last 5 months.

I would like to continue this but currently there are no google documents left to translate from english to german.

Requesting new information or new Google Documents with the things left to translate.

Regards,

Charlie

Adanteh
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Re: LLT stopped?

Postby Adanteh » 04 May 2015, 14:20

Unfortunately this is one of those things that we just don't really have anyone for to focus on.

Another problem is that quite a bit of text has changed AFTER it had already been localized which is obviously also not ideal, so personally I don't really feel comfortable making localized strings when I know that that code still has to be updated in any case (Which usually means the text gets a revamp as well).

It would be great to have a completely translated manual for example.... but the manual that you can currently find under TacBF Help in the map is severly outdated on a lot of topics and the Field Manual entries that I started making for a few things need work as well...

Then there's the problem with formatted text, like the flexiMenu buttons that have a hotkey. With localized text it's basically impossible to predict overlapping keys there and using number keys is often not an ideal solution either (because in a lot of cases there's not really a predictable order of buttons)

Return to “Language Localisation Task”