Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

[BB]Snap - Warning for asset wastage

If you have been banned from an official server you can see it here.
Forum rules
WARNING: There is a high chance of you breaking a forum rule, if you post a reply to these topics, which can result in a ban.

Topics here are not for general personal opinions on individual bans. The person named in the ban might get more slack, than those not even involved.
Harold
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name: Harold

[BB]Snap - Warning for asset wastage

Postby Harold » 13 Jun 2016, 01:33

Player: [BB]Snap
Date: 2016-06-12 21:45 UTC
Mission: Queen's Gambit, Porto

We observed [BB]Snap flying various helicopters during his entire time on the server. I was the SL of the largest infantry squad on BLUFOR at the time. I marked an LZ and requested a pickup from [BB]Snap via long range radio. I heard no response, but [BB]Snap circled the LZ about 4 times and finally landed there. After we mounted up, I marked a destination and he flew over the ocean toward it. Suddenly we crashed into the ocean and died. Here is the video.

2016-06-12_21-45Z_BB_Snap_crashes_full_littlebird.mp4

Speaking for myself, if I crashed a littlebird full of 8 serious players then I would be very embarrassed and I would not fly a helicopter again for the rest of the night. I would spend a lot of time in single player practicing before I flew a heli on the server again.

Later he took the only UH-1Y Huey available to the team, which is also the only vehicle that is capable of transporting an FO crate in this mission. I asked him numerous times over long range radio and chat to land it so that a more skilled pilot could use it. He circled the main base several times and ended up crashing it into the water just south of the main base. We were then stuck without an FO until the Huey respawned, which was so long that the mission ended before that.

I consider this a violation of rule #2 (asset wastage), rule #4 (be a team player) due to lack of response during the mission, and rule #10 (do not play in a way that seriously disadvantages your team). It is apparent that [BB]Snap was either practicing flying on the populated server or else was trying advanced flight model for the first time. I warned him in global chat that if he crashes another helicopter then he will be kicked and if he continues to crash helicopters on a populated server then he will be banned. Being shot down is one thing, and OPFOR said that they shot him down at least once. But the two incidents that I have described (full littlebird into the ocean and Huey into the ocean at main base) were definitely not caused by enemy fire.

I later attempted to communicate with [BB]Snap on Teamspeak, but he struggled to speak English. His game language is Russian, so I think that it would be helpful for someone who speaks Russian to translate for us. I explained that he must not practice flying or experimental things on the server because it harms our team and there are many competitive players who expect reliable pilots. I said that he should practice in single player before trying to function as a tactical pilot on the TacBF server. I also explained that the Huey was our only means of transporting an FO crate.

This is my best attempt at understanding his response. "[Huey] has very hard flight model. Use ___ each for taking force. Why play for Russian side. It's all normal. Sorry for crash." (We accidentally called it a Hellcat during the conversation but it's basically the same thing.)

I am also concerned that he did not respond at all during the mission. I never heard him on long range radio and he never typed in chat. He should have typed a few words in basic English, and he should have followed instructions to land so that a more experienced pilot could take over. Brasiel was ready to fly the Huey, but [BB]Snap either couldn't or wouldn't land it at the main base.

If another admin sees this in the future then I recommend that [BB]Snap be banned for a while in order to help him understand the importance of following the rules.

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
In-game Name: Schadler17

Re: [BB]Snap - Warning for asset wastage

Postby Schadler17 » 13 Jun 2016, 09:41

My main issue is the fact he was on teamspeak (seen in the video talking) but wasn't responding to you in-game over radio. As a trans pilot, you MUST communicate with your team. If there's a language barrier, that's understandable, but still atleast make an attempt to somehow let your team know whats going on.

As for crashing both times, I agree with you Harold. This isn't a training server and shouldn't be treated as one. If you're going to fly, you should already know how and should be confident in it. We all get shot down, we all wreck, it happens. But like Harold said, when it happens multiple times with very important assets, it becomes very annoying and needs to be dealt with. Simply wrecking one heli at main on accident can cause your team to be at a huge disadvantage over the other team, which ruins 1-2 hours of gameplay for one side, causing the server to bleed.

In the end, this is why we need pilot blacklisting. :P
Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
C'est la vie, adios, good riddance, f*** you.

Marko Bolneze
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name:

Postby Marko Bolneze » 13 Jun 2016, 14:57

Don't be so rude, he will be better the next time !

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 13 Jun 2016, 19:40

Be as rude as possible! Peer pressure him back to flight school! :twisted: If you cant fly, dont do it!

Marko Bolneze
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name:

Postby Marko Bolneze » 13 Jun 2016, 22:37

Damn, you hard ! But okay, beginners pilots should train first.

Marksman
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name: Marksman

Postby Marksman » 14 Jun 2016, 19:41

Harold wrote:Player: [BB]Snap
Date: 2016-06-12 21:45 UTC
Mission: Queen's Gambit, Porto

Later he took the only UH-1Y Huey available to the team, which is also the only vehicle that is capable of transporting an FO crate in this mission. I asked him numerous times over long range radio and chat to land it so that a more skilled pilot could use it. He circled the main base several times and ended up crashing it into the water just south of the main base. We were then stuck without an FO until the Huey respawned, which was so long that the mission ended before that.

It is not the first time he has done that,same map, same thing. And the worst thing is that he's not the only one doing that.
We're full of pilot wannabees that just want to play around with assets without coordination with ground forces. If you pick pilot, you should stay at base until called, or if not that, certanly not risk assets.

I confronted yet an other pilot that just log on and took a chinook for a ride without any reason (again being the only cargo capable chopper of the mission, Liberate). Later i needed a pilot a base, and there was none because he was playing around. I've documented it, and if it happens again i'll repport it.

Looking forward for crew/pilot limitations.
Suggestion machine, 'cause my way is better until proven not.

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadler17 » 14 Jun 2016, 20:50

If you see players wasting assets, warn them ingame to return them to main and to use them properly.

APCs/Tanks need drivers and gunners to leave base.
Heli's need pilots and passengers, or an FO crate, or some kind of supplies, or enroute to pickup passengers.

Otherwise, they're driving/flying around aimlessly for no reason. If so, warn, kick, ban if repeated.

Clay
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Clay » 15 Jun 2016, 10:08

Solutions:

1. Pilot role request to be confirmed by:
- Commander (when Commander Mode is fully implemented)
or
- Over 51% of Squad Leaders

2. Commander Asset Allocation
All vehicles pre-locked by Commander via Commander menu, all assets within main base are listed in Commander menu and each one can be locked/unlocked by Com.

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadler17 » 15 Jun 2016, 19:15

Clay wrote:Solutions:

or

All vehicles pre-locked by Commander via Commander menu, all assets within main base are listed in Commander menu and each one can be locked/unlocked by Com.

Or Pilot Blacklist with an application to get unblacklisted in the event that you are.
Require proof and an application against the player to have them added to blacklist. Basically like a ban, but only from important assets, not the game entirely. Could even be enforced by scripts if it really came down to it, but admins can do most of the enforcement.

Marksman
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name: Marksman

Postby Marksman » 15 Jun 2016, 19:26

Schadler17 wrote:
Clay wrote:Solutions:

or

Or Pilot Blacklist with an application to get unblacklisted in the event that you are.
Require proof and an application against the player to have them added to blacklist. Basically like a ban, but only from important assets, not the game entirely. Could even be enforced by scripts if it really came down to it, but admins can do most of the enforcement.

As this works in a long term for usual players, casuals still ruin ruin the match. A fully functional commander mode would be better as is immediately effective.
Suggestion machine, 'cause my way is better until proven not.

Return to “Official Server Bans”