Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

[KGB]Stepka Ban 7 Days

If you have been banned from an official server you can see it here.
Forum rules
WARNING: There is a high chance of you breaking a forum rule, if you post a reply to these topics, which can result in a ban.

Topics here are not for general personal opinions on individual bans. The person named in the ban might get more slack, than those not even involved.
HitTheMan
Newb
Newb
In-game Name: HitTheMan

[KGB]Stepka Ban 7 Days

Postby HitTheMan » 05 Mar 2016, 13:52

Name: [KGB]Stepka
Reason: Intentional destruction of team cache to skip the mission, did it 10min after Schadler (after banning Vift) left the server, votes failed beforehand so he tked it.
Must be appealed and user ID posted here.

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
In-game Name: Schadler17

Re: [KGB]Stepka Ban 7 Days

Postby Schadler17 » 06 Mar 2016, 06:08

Feel their clain might become an issue if both of them did it repeatedly. Just keep an eye on em when you see them to make sure they don't cause anymore intentional trouble.
Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
C'est la vie, adios, good riddance, f*** you.

Stepka
Newb
Newb
In-game Name:

Postby Stepka » 10 Mar 2016, 16:44

So, I'd like to add something - I have nothing against to play on different maps. but Shapur is the map which is fed. Very often the admins make their own decisions about the choice map, placing before the fact, promising that the next will be chosen by the players. Any situation can be solved, just I think some of the players who took on the responsibility of the administrator are not always able to resist their personal preferences.

now you may not agree with me, but it does not change situation.

P. S. I have no questions about this incident because I agree that I broke the rules.

Clay
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Clay » 10 Mar 2016, 20:23

Stepka wrote:So, I'd like to add something - I have nothing against to play on different maps. but Shapur is the map which is fed. Very often the admins make their own decisions about the choice map, placing before the fact, promising that the next will be chosen by the players. Any situation can be solved, just I think some of the players who took on the responsibility of the administrator are not always able to resist their personal preferences.

P. S. I have no questions about this incident because I agree that I broke the rules.

Admin's choice can't satisfy all, coz everyone has his own preferences. Just deal with it. But if admin picks same terrain or same mission type over and over again, he's definitely doing wrong

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadler17 » 11 Mar 2016, 00:15

When player count is low, expect smaller missions/maps. We had played Porto before this, so it definitely wasnt the same map. You guys attempted to vote the map out, the vote failed, so you attempted to end the mission your own way.

Not only did you guys kill one cache, you killed 2. If it were me, you'd both be perm banned, since you knew you were in the wrong, yet you still did it anyways. s*** like this ruins the gameplay, more than the same map over and over.

Also, 9 times outta 10, when an admin asks for mission/map suggestions, noone answers. So we're stuck picking it ourselves.

Mechanique
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: Mechanique

Postby Mechanique » 11 Mar 2016, 08:00

Oh, the hypocrisy. I just love how the guy that did what he personally wanted regardless of what other people want blames admins for doing the same. That's pretty Jupiter-and-ox-tier situation right there, I guess.

Fun fact, slightly on topic: there is a belief going around, that when admin is selecting a mission through #missions menu, player votes matter and this is a democratic process.

Alan
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Alan » 11 Mar 2016, 08:19

Stepka wrote:So, I'd like to add something - I have nothing against to play on different maps. but Shapur is the map which is fed. Very often the admins make their own decisions about the choice map, placing before the fact, promising that the next will be chosen by the players. Any situation can be solved, just I think some of the players who took on the responsibility of the administrator are not always able to resist their personal preferences.

Feel free to start your own server.

Admins can't keep everyone happy when picking missions. There will always be people complaining or asking for another terrain.

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadler17 » 11 Mar 2016, 09:34

Mechanique wrote:Oh, the hypocrisy. I just love how the guy that did what he personally wanted regardless of what other people want blames admins for doing the same. That's pretty Jupiter-and-ox-tier situation right there, I guess.

Fun fact, slightly on topic: there is a belief going around, that when admin is selecting a mission through #missions menu, player votes matter and this is a democratic process.

At the end of the day, its the admins decision on which mission or map is played. Players can vote, and the admin should take into consideration every vote to keep the population happy and to keep the server full.

But when in mission screen, admins can't see chat, so I always tell people to vote in teamspeak so you can see through the overlay.

Stepka
Newb
Newb
In-game Name:

Postby Stepka » 11 Mar 2016, 09:59

All I wrote is my opinion. But your position is a "democracy" ))).
So everyone will stay at their views))

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadler17 » 11 Mar 2016, 11:24

All in all, you already agree'd you knew what you and Vift did was wrong and are willing to take your punishment for it. But remember, any repeated offenses can/will result in longer bans, even perm ban if other admins feel the need. Just keep that in mind when you're unbanned, otherwise you'll see yourself on the same boat.

Dont forget to post your playerID if you wish to get unbanned.

Return to “Official Server Bans”