Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

TB A&S [M-40] Open Ground (Altis)

Missions (which are accepted as official) are held here, for feedback.
Adanteh
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Re: TB A&S[M-40]: Open Ground r9 (Altis)

Postby Adanteh » 23 Mar 2015, 16:22

Do you really need me to copy the code? I can confirm 100% that it does work like this in the code and has always worked like this.

There are some quirks with it though. One is the lack despawning which can make it seem like it doesn't work like that. Another more serious one is that none of the respawn scripts are run with very quick checks. Lets say a tank spawns at 24 players on both sides. BLUFOR tank spawning gets 'lucky' and checks the player number right when both sides have 24 players for two seconds. OPFOR gets unlucky and checks the player numbers a second after a guy disconnects. I recoded a bunch of the vehicle respawning already, but in general a lot of this stuff needs to be taken out of loops and entered into checks when people connect / zone changes sides and whatnot, but with all the 50 million other things that need to be done it's unknown when that will happen.

Cossack
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name:

Postby Cossack » 23 Mar 2015, 17:39

Adanteh wrote:Do you really need me to copy the code? I can confirm 100% that it does work like this in the code and has always worked like this.

There are some quirks with it though. One is the lack despawning which can make it seem like it doesn't work like that. Another more serious one is that none of the respawn scripts are run with very quick checks. Lets say a tank spawns at 24 players on both sides. BLUFOR tank spawning gets 'lucky' and checks the player number right when both sides have 24 players for two seconds. OPFOR gets unlucky and checks the player numbers a second after a guy disconnects. I recoded a bunch of the vehicle respawning already, but in general a lot of this stuff needs to be taken out of loops and entered into checks when people connect / zone changes sides and whatnot, but with all the 50 million other things that need to be done it's unknown when that will happen.

Well this makes sense.

I am just posting what I see, from my experience code is a one thing, second if it works as a tester.

hoeksema
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: hoeksema

Postby hoeksema » 29 Aug 2015, 21:08

I feel like mines really have to be dealt with on this map. 100% of the plays I have had on this server (BluFor for all them) has had OpFor making a massive minefield as you leave base, and it's one of the most un-fun things to deal with, especially when it's just one guy and a few ammo boxes that can single handedly ruin your day. If there was more of a process and involved thingy in setting up said field I'd have less of a problem, but it's so easy as currently implemented.

lietuvis10
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby lietuvis10 » 29 Aug 2015, 22:18

I agree on the mines. Also.

Capture points Radar-Outpost Eye-Outpost Superbunny might have to be tweaked. The game always stalemates there, no matter how either side plays, causing, well, repeatetedness in the map, which is unfortunate, as it is pretty great and I love Altis very much.

leon
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby leon » 30 Aug 2015, 21:44

Capture points Radar-Outpost Eye-Outpost Superbunny might have to be tweaked. The game always stalemates there, no matter how either side plays, causing, well, repeatetedness in the map, which is unfortunate, as it is pretty great and I love Altis very much.

Had the same concern for a long time now. Not sure what can be done without re-doing the layout though.
Everything I say is my personal opinion, and is not representative of TacBF team's opinion in any way.

lietuvis10
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby lietuvis10 » 30 Aug 2015, 22:28

leon wrote:

Had the same concern for a long time now. Not sure what can be done without re-doing the layout though.

Perhaps cut those 2 entirely? The map has more than enough CPs already, what with double CPs in towns, and distance between EYE and Bunny is pretty small actually.

Alan
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Alan » 31 Aug 2015, 08:19

Every time I've played it in the last 6 months Blufor have lost both Bunny and checkpoint. Sure it takes a while but it doesn't get stuck there.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 31 Aug 2015, 11:02

Alan wrote:Every time I've played it in the last 6 months Blufor have lost both Bunny and checkpoint. Sure it takes a while but it doesn't get stuck there.

I dont think blufor has won the last 6th months on any map :lol: lol jk.

Alan
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Alan » 31 Aug 2015, 11:34

It won operation cyclone last night :)

Russia blufor best blufor

Alan
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Alan » 17 Oct 2015, 09:56

Vehicles have no ammo at the start, meaning that with the 3.14 bug of not being able to arm them, this is now an infantry only map. OF course the bug will be hotfixed soon, but still.

Return to “Mission Feedback”