Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

TB A&D [M-32] Crossing (Altis)

Missions (which are accepted as official) are held here, for feedback.
Swedge
Community Genius
Community Genius
In-game Name:

Re: TB A&D[M-32]: Crossing r11 (Altis)

Postby Swedge » 06 Jan 2014, 00:23

lietuvis10 wrote:The mission is now very laggy,causing severe latency issues to the server.

Hi mate :) Good playing with you. We need to be careful about identifying some missions as causes for server lag. Sometimes they, sometimes they aren't. Sometimes, in the past, lag has been due to the server or the mod or other things. You might be right. We just need to be careful. In any case, as Leon said there is a newer version now.

Warm regards,
Swedge

Atkins
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Re: TB A&D[M-32]: Crossing r12 (Altis)

Postby Atkins » 20 Jan 2014, 10:51

This map is a nightmare for the Opfor APCs if they try to cross the bay. APCs get stuck in the shallow water where neither tires are holding nor the propellers. Last nite we spend 45 minutes (whole round) trying to get APCs off the shallow waters by pushing another APC with the other, always resulting that the pusher got stuck after the other was released. And when we finally got both APCs to cross the bay, we both got stuck at the other end of the beach and the round ended.

This is most likely vA3 issue but I strongly recommend that those using the APCs in this mission to never ever go even near the water, just in case you want to actually play the mission.

leon
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby leon » 20 Jan 2014, 10:56

Seems like you were out of luck there, mate. I personally played at least 4 times with APCs on this mission, crossing the bay, with almost no problems. Also it is indeed an Arma issue, so there's nothing I can do.
Everything I say is my personal opinion, and is not representative of TacBF team's opinion in any way.

Adanteh
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Adanteh » 20 Jan 2014, 15:52

Leon wrote:Seems like you were out of luck there, mate. I personally played at least 4 times with APCs on this mission, crossing the bay, with almost no problems. Also it is indeed an Arma issue, so there's nothing I can do.

Well we did get stuck the previous time we used APCs. Basically you have to make sure there are absolutely no rocks, the terrain is relatively flat and there are no weird slopes around. It might be a bit strange.. but.. maybe try and put a landing area in with some concrete blocks?

Dale
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Dale » 21 Jan 2014, 09:20

Can we identify which server this mission was lagging on?

leon
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby leon » 21 Jan 2014, 09:59

Who said it was lagging? r12 doesn't have performance issues as far as I'm aware.
Everything I say is my personal opinion, and is not representative of TacBF team's opinion in any way.

Adanteh
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Adanteh » 16 Feb 2014, 23:54

I think India could use a good look at I think. I don't think there has been a single game in which the attacking side capture Golf and Hotel and didn't manage to grab India. India is a damn hard location to defend and I've yet to witness it being successfully defended.

Cole
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: Cole

Postby Cole » 12 Mar 2015, 12:55

We played an updated version of this yesterday, I like the addition of the AAA points, but then BluFor started re-capping points behind us. I would prefer if they couldn't re-cap points on this mission, having to defend and attack so many points simultaneously is very difficult. With BluFor's increased mobility compared to OPfor on this mission (Car's, FO's etc.) it's too easy for them to sneak behind OpFor and cap points behind the battle that no longer have strategic value.

edit: We played r32

Cossack
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name:

Postby Cossack » 12 Mar 2015, 14:09

Yeah, has to agree. As BLUFOR recapturing objectives, its really hard or near impossible for OPFOR to win.

Alan
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Alan » 17 Oct 2015, 09:54

AA can't be destroyed since 3.14

In general, still too much for blu to defend at round start. Its not that it's too easy for opfor, its that it's boring for about half of the opfor team when the arrive and cap an undefended objective. I suggest removing the western AA site and the western beach landing point (charlie?).

Return to “Mission Feedback”