Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

TB RHS A&D [L-50] Siege (Zargabad)

Missions (which are accepted as official) are held here, for feedback.
leon
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

TB RHS A&D [L-50] Siege (Zargabad)

Postby leon » 04 May 2015, 15:36

Last tested with TacBF version: 3.12
Non-official TacBF addons required: none

DOWNLOAD

MAP OVERVIEW:

Changelog:
r1
Everything I say is my personal opinion, and is not representative of TacBF team's opinion in any way.

CharlieTwoFive
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: CharlieTwoFive

Re: RHS A&D[L-50]: Siege (Zargabad)

Postby CharlieTwoFive » 16 May 2015, 14:03

I recommend to turn Air Base into a normal capable zone again. Making the capture dependent of destroying the jet is a bad idea because the jet can hide whereever it wants. It can stay at Mainbase for the end of the round letting the insurgents run out of tickets because they cannot capture the Air Base.

Moreover it is extremly difficult to take down the jet with the Shilka only. It's only possible, when it is flyingextremly slow and low or if it is landed.

Moreover the ammo for the Static ZU-23 are still missing.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 16 May 2015, 17:33

CharlieTwoFive wrote:Moreover the ammo for the Static ZU-23 are still missing.

Its not that its missing. There is ZU-23 in the ammobox. However, the ammo doesnt yet respawn. So someone probably took ALL of the ammo out of the MWS box and probably lost it in the field leaving no ZU-23 ammo for the team the rest of the mission.

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
In-game Name: Schadler17

Postby Schadler17 » 29 May 2015, 14:24

Last time I played this mission, the Shilka rushed the airbase and camped the jet the entire game. Pretty much made the jet useless and the shilka got to drive around all game killing infantry without a problem. Same for the trucks with the AA cannons on the back, camping the airfield all game, after the jet is gone they have almost no threats to worry about.

Put a spawn timer on the Shilka so maybe it spawns AFTER the game begins to atleast give the jet some time to take off.
Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
C'est la vie, adios, good riddance, f*** you.

CharlieTwoFive
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: CharlieTwoFive

Postby CharlieTwoFive » 29 May 2015, 15:50

Asking for an AA kit for OpFor as there is no threat for good pilots. The Shilka is a joke and can even be destroyed by a HMMWV with a mounted .50cal. Remove 1 ZU-23.

Flying jet is way easier than flying helicopters. Shilkas effective range is about 400m. Everything beyond that is just spray 'n' pray. The jet needs to throw a bomb within 20m around it to make it explode. Experienced pilots simply throwing the GBU without laser like free fall bombs from around 600m+ altitude.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 03 Aug 2015, 14:15

This mission seems to flow very nice up until the last point.

Its 1.6~ km away on foot from outskirts to military base. I dont see the purpose of having the last point so far away. If blufor isnt able to hold them in the city, what good is having a point in the middle of nowhere it seems.

Everytime I have played this mission it has always been me rushing that last point only to cap it with nobody contesting me the entire time.

Even if nobody decides to rush and blufor decides to defend that point like they just learned how to play and defend. It doesnt seem fair to let opfor get a nice push through the city just to have to attack a point 1.5km away, which if blufor had a good defense would be pretty impossible to break realistically speaking.

If you want to keep it that way though, I would recommend putting a FO on that point or near it. As it has been st*p*d everytime I played this rushing the last point to find blufor struggling to even get there (if they bother).

Dr_Eyeball
Dev & Site Manager
Dev & Site Manager
In-game Name: Dr_Eyeball

Postby Dr_Eyeball » 20 Sep 2015, 12:46

Played Siege today.
1) It was good, but the bloody mixed up kits is so annoying.
I spent ages trying to find which rifle handles the DMS scope and could not even find one in the end.
This mixed weapons per role thing which is going on has to be stopped and fixed soon. It is making the mod bad to play.
This Compatible Roles topic might solve the issue, plus the upcoming inventory filter.

2) We played this to the point where the attackers essentially won, by almost capping the last zone, but then someone died and it was the last ticket and both sides ended with 0 tickets each, but attackers still lost.

This is something the dev team will need to discuss to find a better solution to this.
    Something like: after attackers tickets reach zero, then no more spawns for dead players and 5 minutes to finish the game, or no forward spawning for respawned attacker players plus 5 minutes, similar to how A&D works for defender tickets.
3) The attackers had a hard time trying to get past the first 1 or 2 zones due to the "small HO radius", but then from zones 3 onwards, which are all grouped up tightly, it was too easy to put a HO in the enemy zones.

This is something the dev team will need to discuss to find a better solution to this.
    Maybe add a mission setting to block placing HO's inside an enemy zone. (Or does a similar setting already exist?)
    Edit:
    Spoke to Adanteh about this. He does not think we should prevent placing HOs in an enemy zone, since RPs can be placed there, so it would be inconsistent.
    So instead, when v3.14 is released, I would suggest to:
    - slightly decrease the HO spacing distance: HO_minSpacingDist
    - use the new "HO_east_deploy_1" marker types to set up some areas near the first 2 zones.
Pros:
- good to see Res as attackers
- good to see a non-US faction as the blue side

Cons:
- there is no suitable briefing for attacking team, on what to do about jet and mortar.
I couldn't destroy the mortar. When I disassembled it, nothing in the mortar zone markers changed, so wasn't sure if it was supposed to.
Image Dr Eyeball - TacBF Dev
Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy.
And if you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you.
” Warren Buffett

Cole
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: Cole

Postby Cole » 24 Sep 2015, 22:06

There is no ammo for the static ZSU's (that I could find). Personally I would like the vehicles to start armed, would make it easier for everyone. Maybe just have the jet start without ammo and everything else armed?

Right now this is difficult for attackers because you cant see the cap bar, hopefully that will improve when it gets fixed.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 24 Sep 2015, 22:47

Did blufor win? We put up a hell of a fight! :P

I 100% agree with the ammo though. Its ridiculous in many situations and its not consistent with other missions.

Its not that I am opposed to doing it you, (this) way for vehicles. Its more so I am opposed to having statics required to be armed before leaving main. Its annoying and awkward and many times I forget to check and do this. As well as most of the public.

Joerich
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name:

Postby Joerich » 05 Mar 2016, 17:43

FB North on Blufor side has a problematic spawnpoint (spawn into a chair and die)

Return to “Mission Feedback”