Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

TB RHS A&D [M-40] Descent (Takistan Mountains)

Missions (which are accepted as official) are held here, for feedback.
Cole
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: Cole

TB RHS A&D [M-40] Descent (Takistan Mountains)

Postby Cole » 30 Apr 2015, 21:29

Mission name: Descent
Author: Cole
Terrain: Takistan Mountains
Game mode: A&D
Recommended Players: 40

Short description:
Blufor (USA) Attacking - Access to IFV's by destroying AT Gun, Access to Heli's by destroying Radar, CAS/APC's at higher player counts.
OpFor (Russia) Defending - FO's at East/West Hill, Team RP at Pass, Access to BTR-80A and AA class at higher player counts.

Map overview:
Last edited by Cole on 16 Jul 2015, 15:55, edited 11 times in total.

Alan
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Re: TB RHS A&D[M-36]: Descent (Takistan Mountains) r1

Postby Alan » 01 May 2015, 07:17

Oooooohhh. That looks pretty.

Cole
Community Member
Community Member

Re: TB RHS A&D[M-36]: Descent (Takistan Mountains)

Postby Cole » 04 May 2015, 01:24

New version r1a:

• Different scopes at day/night (thanks to Adanteh for this) example of how to do it for mission makers here. [Placed in default_gear/A3/Blu_F or Opf_F.sqh]

Code: Select all

if (__isNight) then {} else {};

Example:

Code: Select all

_attachments = if (__isNight) then {[["optic_NVS"], [], []];} else {[["rhsusf_acc_LEUPOLDMK4_2"], [], []];};

• Changed default time so moon is higher (more light).
  • Removed NVG's from OpFor (Marksman/Sniper/HAT have night vision scopes).
  • Fixed gear bug with BluFor Marksman.
  • Changed bandages from 5 to 4 and morphine to 1 for all.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 06 May 2015, 23:42

Good mission! I dont see anything that I could really criticize yet. I am a little concerned about the cobra with a good crew tho.

I might also remove or heavily restrict the jav. The BTR's have a lONg climb uphill just to get automatically locked on across the map for autokill.

Adanteh
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Adanteh » 07 May 2015, 00:16

Might also be good to give BLUFOR a somewhat decent entry into the AO. Maybe a closer FB with just some basic transport vehicles.
Right now it seems primarily focussed on helo transport which sounds really cool in theory but in practice it usually means the entire AO has no enemies inside it because every heli gets killed before they get anywhere near. (Or you get helo dropoffs on top of mountains which means they just go sniping all round long without anyone putting a foot in the zones)

Cole
Community Member
Community Member

Postby Cole » 07 May 2015, 00:33

Gunther.S wrote:Good mission! I dont see anything that I could really criticize yet. I am a little concerned about the cobra with a good crew tho.

I might also remove or heavily restrict the jav. The BTR's have a lONg climb uphill just to get automatically locked on across the map for autokill.

Will replace Cobra with attack littlebird if it becomes a problem, also removing heavy AT and increasing available light AT kits from 1 per 8 to 1 per 6. Hopefully the next RHS update will include the SMAW or Carl Gustav.

Adanteh wrote:Might also be good to give BLUFOR a somewhat decent entry into the AO. Maybe a closer FB with just some basic transport vehicles.
Right now it seems primarily focussed on helo transport which sounds really cool in theory but in practice it usually means the entire AO has no enemies inside it because every heli gets killed before they get anywhere near. (Or you get helo dropoffs on top of mountains which means they just go sniping all round long without anyone putting a foot in the zones)

I'm thinking about adding a forward base, either in darbang pass (dependent on holding either gas station or fields) or at the end of the gas station road (under the AT gun)

What did you think of the tickets? The two times I played Blufor weren't able to cap Pass, I was going to increase the tickets in the next version.
Last edited by Cole on 07 May 2015, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

Alan
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Alan » 07 May 2015, 07:17

We played this last night, but in the daytime which I think made it much more difficult for Blu, I suspect that at night it is easier for blu to approach the pass.

After Blu captured the tank point and the air support point (nice touch by the way) the opfor FO's at both points were still active. Is this intentional?

I'm not so worried about the cobra, with the AA kit the cobra is going to have to be very pop-up-attacky to stay alive.

Clay
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Clay » 07 May 2015, 08:02

Not sure about tickets but it should be changed for sure. I'd rise ticket maximum and start tickets as well, both sides run out of tickets too soon

akm
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby akm » 07 May 2015, 08:34

while your at it pls add DTK muzzle break to ASk. thx.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 07 May 2015, 11:46

I really think with ticket allocations and ways to the AO. Its actually pretty fine to me. When me and adanteh played yesterday. Teams just seemed stacked defenders. Blufor still pushed past the first point. But lost so many tickets doing so they couldnt get past the second.

I would let it play through a few more times before balancing Small tweaks

Return to “Mission Feedback”