Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

TB RHS A&D [L-40] Sabotage (Chernarus)

Missions (which are accepted as official) are held here, for feedback.
Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

TB RHS A&D [L-40] Sabotage (Chernarus)

Postby Gunther.S » 19 Jan 2015, 23:25

Mission Download(s): GIT

Last tested with TacBF version: 3.9

Required mods: @RHS + @AllinArma Terrain pack

Blufor Assets: FO's, Light vehicles, Air, and Static Weapons

Opfor Assets: FO's, Light vehicles, APC's, and Static Weapons

Map Overview(Image):

BLUFOR Main:

OPFOR Main:

Airfield:

Fuel Tanks:

Communication Tower:

Factory:

Radar Tower:

Intel/Purpose: Sabotage type mission. Special Forces inserting into cherno to take out key russian assets. Initially for testing purposes to guage implementation. Now revising it for playing purposes.

============================================
Changelog: R1
Introduction

R2: Doubled Blufor's tickets, spawned blufor prespawned FO's

R3: Gave Blufor silencers

R4: ADDED COUNTDOWN TIMER!! of one minute to next consecutive destructible zone. To allow russian forces to respond to the next zone they need to defend. Added LARGE Player count compatiblity by adding 3x the amount of assets spawning for russians (with player count checks ofc). Added more tickets to ruski's

Alan
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Re: TB RHS A&D [M-20]:Sabotage (Cherno)

Postby Alan » 20 Jan 2015, 14:57

Ok, to carry on from the skype conversation.

To address the potential problem of blu skipping ahead to uncappable points and pressing the clicker as soon as it is set to blow.

One solution might be to do it in a kind of a S+D way without the Search part. In other words you have a whole bunch of assets spread around in different towns and locations. At round start you have it generate a list of target assets at random and show them to opfor, blufor only sees the next target after they have destroyed the current one. You can group the randoms selections them to make a progression across the map.

For example, for the first point you have 3 potential target towns/locations grouped within a kilometer of each other closer to blu main with an asset in each. You pick one of the 3 randomly.
The second target point also has 3 potential locations further towards red base, you pick one randomly.
Same with the third, stepping all the way back to red base.

You show these locations and their order to redfor at round start, but not blu. So blue know the general direction the are going but not specifically, and there is enough randomness to make it disadvantageous to try to cover all three locations for the next "level".

This also has the advantage of being very very re-playable.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 20 Jan 2015, 17:02

Ok, to carry on from the skype conversation.

To address the potential problem of blu skipping ahead to uncappable points and pressing the clicker as soon as it is set to blow.

Or

R4: ADDED COUNTDOWN TIMER!!

This time can be scaled up or down. This mission and game mode is still A&D. If the defenders cant get into their zone for 1~ minute and secure it. They would have the same problem on regular A&D. The biggest problem of this mission is we played it later in the night with 50 players and I only put in enough vehicles for 20-30 players. So you guys were running from main base when you had no tickets.

I was shot literally as I was setting up the explosive charges on that next objective that I leapfrogged up on. The 1 minute timer will help give defenders extra time. If they need more even, it can also be done.

But random objectives and now suddenly hiding zones? Way too complicated for something that has already been resolved in theory. Especially considering that is an entirely different gamemode then A&D if you only have one objective at a time and the others are unknown. Sounds alot more like S&D :P except the next cache becomes known after you get the one.

CharlieTwoFive
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: CharlieTwoFive

Postby CharlieTwoFive » 14 Mar 2015, 03:50

Short list with suggestions:

- move air units at last objective into the hangars - currently its just "grenade launch or RPG them".

- add night-compatible optics to sniper and marksman class - they are both completely useless at night. You either fire from the hip or without any scope (shotgun style)

- restrict nightvisions! Currently the OpFor guys are picking up NATO NVGs - they start collecting it and giving them to their teammates. This is killing the purpose of this mission, isn't it?

- I would rate this mission rather a M-40 than a M-20 mission. I have played this mission with 6 vs 12 and there is so much assets in BluFor base - I couldnt decide what helicopter I'm going to take... well, I took noone cuz I took the plane. :roll:

- Does the pre-placed FO spawn at different locations? Cuz If I'm going to play OpFor the first thing I would do is to take out the enemy FO. There are so many helicopters in base - it shouldnt be a problem to fly in and deploy a FO at the beginning of the map. In my opinion you can remove the pre-placed FOs but it should be tested a bit more with higher player counts.

-

[had not enough time to summarize it all. will add more soon]

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 15 Mar 2015, 06:22

- move air units at last objective into the hangars - currently its just "grenade launch or RPG them".

Afraid to do this with the aircraft as sometimes aircraft like to spontaneously explode inside the hangar haha. Their vulnerability have been offset by additionally requiring the destruction of the ATC tower as well. Also, that it has the most objectives you actually need to destroy.

- add night-compatible optics to sniper and marksman class - they are both completely useless at night. You either fire from the hip or without any scope (shotgun style)

- restrict nightvisions! Currently the OpFor guys are picking up NATO NVGs - they start collecting it and giving them to their teammates. This is killing the purpose of this mission, isn't it?

This one is tricky. I have no issue with OpFor killing the enemy and picking up the NVG's off the dead body. The problem is, they are respawning with the NVG's they picked up which yea kind of defeats the purpose of it. I will have to test to confirm this..

- I would rate this mission rather a M-40 than a M-20 mission. I have played this mission with 6 vs 12 and there is so much assets in BluFor base - I couldnt decide what helicopter I'm going to take... well, I took noone cuz I took the plane. :roll:

Indeed

- Does the pre-placed FO spawn at different locations? Cuz If I'm going to play OpFor the first thing I would do is to take out the enemy FO. There are so many helicopters in base - it shouldnt be a problem to fly in and deploy a FO at the beginning of the map. In my opinion you can remove the pre-placed FOs but it should be tested a bit more with higher player counts.

FO's are random yep! They were also put in there because the lack of consistent pilot player base, the massive amount of complaints initially having to fly in, and the fact that people were driving the humvee's and ATV's across cherno to get to the AO :lol:

CharlieTwoFive
Community Member
Community Member

Re: TB RHS A&D [L-40]:Sabotage (Cherno)

Postby CharlieTwoFive » 29 May 2015, 19:57

- Demolition target vehicles despawn at airbase after a while
- FO supplies on russian side is not working (no options) -> Intended?

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 30 May 2015, 16:53

CharlieTwoFive wrote:- Demolition target vehicles despawn at airbase after a while
- FO supplies on russian side is not working (no options) -> Intended?

@ Vehicles despawning :shock: Thanks for it, maybe I will just change them to something else.

@ FO supplies, likely a TacBF initialization bug, did you try relogging?

CharlieTwoFive
Community Member
Community Member

Postby CharlieTwoFive » 30 May 2015, 17:19

Yes, tried relogging.

The FO supplies container itself shows no options itself.

tonimontana0328
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby tonimontana0328 » 30 Aug 2015, 19:06

Helirepair containers are missing for blufor and the big fo crates (super) are extremly bugged. They can only be transported by the chinook but the destroy the chinnok if you fly with them.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 31 Aug 2015, 02:11

Thanks, I will probably just remove the super crates then. Thought it might be cool having something different. But since I cant really allow them to be slungloaded which is all I do personally nowadays for any FO's because the gamebreaking carry a FO and destroy your helo. I will take them out and add helo rep cont

Return to “Mission Feedback”