Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

TB A&S [M-28] Frigid Castle (Chernarus)

Missions (which are accepted as official) are held here, for feedback.
Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

TB A&S [M-28] Frigid Castle (Chernarus)

Postby Gunther.S » 25 Aug 2014, 14:42

Mission Download(s): GIT

Last tested with TacBF version: 3.8

Required mods: @EVW + @AllinArma Terrain pack

Blufor Assets: 1x FB Fixed , FO Crates, Light vehicles, 1x APC, and Static Weapons

Opfor Assets: 1x FB, FO Crates, Light vehicles, 1x APC, and Static Weapons

Map Overview(Image):

BLUFOR Main:

OPFOR Main:

OPFOR FB:

BLUFOR FB:

Alpha:

Bravo:

Castle:

Delta:

Echo:

Intel/Purpose: BLUFOR has discovered a nuclear magazine submerged in the mountain area surrounding Frigid Castle. Blufor's objective is to secure the surface to ensure a quick capture of OPFOR nuclear assets.

============================================
Changelog: R1
Introduction

mad rabbit
Community God
Community God
In-game Name:

Re: TB A&S [M-28]: Frigid Castle r1 (Cherno)

Postby mad rabbit » 30 Aug 2014, 05:40

This is my feedback on r2 (GIT pull today), which I'm writing as I review:

+++ = awesome, ++ = cool, + = like
- = nit-picking, -- = bad, --- = needs fixing

• ++ again really like the loading screen, will suit the EvW theme nicely
  • -- overcast weather as well... as with other 2 EvW missions
  • ++ OPFOR FO supply and mounted supply actually setup well this time
    • the interaction with large FO supply seems bug, which I think is a known issue that Eyeball mentioned
    • as such you may want to consider a smaller version especially as 6 x FOs might be excessive even for a medium mission
  • -- OPFOR VSP next to the armoured vehicles or vice-versa (as in other EvW missons)
  • - move the OPFOR vehicles facing the AO and nearest road
    • although the OPFOR base is fairly open without too many obstructions, so it's not a real problem
  • Personally I always like to think of base layout in terms of "spawn -> gun -> load -> drive" in the most efficient way possible
    • ++ although I can see why you chose that open area to the west of the OPFOR base as the motor pool though so...
  • --- move the (BLUFOR and) OPFOR FB spawn outside of building, especially one this small (as in other EvW missons)
  • we've already discussed LARGEFB vs INSTANT type in the other threads, and I think you're right about INSTANT here again
  • +++ really like both the BLUFOR and OPFOR FB placement in AO here, seems fairly balanced
  • - 'Staging Point' objective doesn't seem like a staging point, perhaps add some supply crates or something ...meh ...'nit-picking'
  • --- got a 'ca\weapons\data\bedna_ammo2_co.paa\' error at 'Magazine North'
    • -- one of the 'hut' looking buildings at 'Magazine North' looks like it's hovering in the air
    • + looks like supply point though
  • ++ 'Frigid Castle' objective looks fun and well 'objectified'
    • - you might want to use the NEW 'fn_mapObjectGreyMarker.sqf' here to ensure that the castle and it's fortifications are marked on map, but we'd need a way to detect those objects c.f. the usual method of feeding them into this function directly
        EDIT:just realize you "made" that castle. Wow! Looks good and also makes the marker creation a lot easier i.e. just use the method in tb_Serpent.
    • - black-hawk wreck gives me nostalgia but the windows look horrible, consider removing
  • ++ 'Magazine South' objective looks good
    • -- a little confusing to have it with a near identical name to the 'Magazine North' objective
  • + BLUFOR 'Staging Point' looks a little more functional with the construction supplies
    • -- consider changing the name as it's identical to the OPFOR staging point = confusion?
  • --- BLUFOR 'playerWest4' not set as playable = AI
  • --- BLUFOR truck spawning with damaged wheels as it's too close to FO and mounted weapon supply (as in other EvW missions)
    • again, remember that the the camo nets spawn and then are removed and sometimes the vehicles spawn facing north and then align to what direction you want them
    • S P A C E
  • +++ BLUFOR VSP next to the APC !!!!
    • -- unfortunately that APC now has to drive through the unit staging area or a wall to get out of base
  • -- move all the vehicles to the NW side of the BLUFOR base facing west = closest to gate and road leading to AO
  • +++ roles ratio allocation looks suitable, you could even allow a Sniper or two for both factions on a mission this size
    • I over-looked these in the other EvW missions but they seem good as well
    • - may want to drop the MG down from 1in6 to 1in4 = at least 1 per squad? as 28 players (if we get that) / 2 / 6 = 2.3 squads ...dunno
  • --- (as in other EvW missions) reduce the FO 'maxFriendlySiteDist' from 2200m to approx. 1000m
    • maybe >1000m given this mission is medium sized
    • you could also drop the FO 'minZoneDist' from 300m to 250m to give you more wiggle room
  • ++ SRP deployment distances look good (as in other EvW missions)
    • (as in other EvW missions) you may also want consider that the SRP deployment distances in a mission layout of this nature somewhat make FOs obsolete. Also decreases the need for a large FO supply.
  • +++ again vehicle allocation seems balanced
    • +++ I really like what you're doing with the vehicle balancing in all 3 x EvW missions

Overall: a bit of tweaking and I think it should be good to go with r3
  • a bit of base layout tweaking (I think you just like yours cramped)
  • FO deployment distance need to be re-assesed in consideration of front-line establishment
  • looks like a fun objective layout, especially that central castle, and general AO
  • roles and vehicles look balanced

Alan
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Alan » 10 Sep 2014, 09:57

For me the killer is the potato quality of the A2 models, map, and textures.

CharlieTwoFive
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: CharlieTwoFive

Postby CharlieTwoFive » 18 Mar 2016, 16:59

The AA kit has to become accessible way more earlier. We just had a game on this map on early hours EU. We were getting rapped by blackhawks. . AA becomes available on 26 players while the Blackhawks are available before 20 players.

We had absolutely nothing to defend ourselves against the helicopters. Not even the .50cal KORDs were effective because the helicopter was spraying us all down from 500m+.
Last edited by CharlieTwoFive on 19 Mar 2016, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 19 Mar 2016, 14:02

Ill try to add a ZU then

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
In-game Name: Schadler17

Postby Schadler17 » 17 May 2016, 20:45

Blufor AA kit - 26

Opfor Hind - 20
Blufor CAS - 26
Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
C'est la vie, adios, good riddance, f*** you.

tonimontana0328
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby tonimontana0328 » 17 May 2016, 21:10

CharlieTwoFive wrote:The AA kit has to become accessible way more earlier. We just had a game on this map on early hours EU. We were getting rapped by blackhawks. . AA becomes available on 26 players while the Blackhawks are available before 20 players.

We had absolutely nothing to defend ourselves against the helicopters. Not even the .50cal KORDs were effective because the helicopter was spraying us all down from 500m+.

You have blackhawks they are way op.

tonimontana0328
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby tonimontana0328 » 17 May 2016, 21:11

Also you can use bradley for AAA.

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
In-game Name: Schadler17

Postby Schadler17 » 17 May 2016, 22:42

tonimontana0328 wrote:
CharlieTwoFive wrote:The AA kit has to become accessible way more earlier. We just had a game on this map on early hours EU. We were getting rapped by blackhawks. . AA becomes available on 26 players while the Blackhawks are available before 20 players.

Blackhawk vs Hind.
Minguns vs Rockets/30mm
Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
C'est la vie, adios, good riddance, f*** you.

tonimontana0328
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby tonimontana0328 » 17 May 2016, 22:54

Schadler17 wrote:
tonimontana0328 wrote:

Blackhawk vs Hind.
Minguns vs Rockets/30mm

Hind does not have 30mm... :?

Return to “Mission Feedback”