Here is a quick update on our development progress.
There might be a release for v3.21 this week (around 26-28 April), if the new Arma Difficulty Settings are deemed to be a problem, otherwise I will wait another week or two if the current work-around on the server is suitable.
Current development work:
The entire focus for v3.21 has been Optimisation. It's a little bit technical this time, but I'll try to summerise it.
- There is now a new "Processes List" debug option, (intended for dev's).
- The option will be under Configuration->More->Performance Options->Toggle Processes Lists.
- Upon toggling the lists off, it will save the lists to the RPT log file.
- The feature is for monitoring performance of all processes in both perFrameHandler and executed/spawned scripts/functions/code, by timing & summing the execution duration of every process.
Alt link 2
- This has revealed 3 main problems: Squad HUD, suppression and some repeated unneeded processes.
- Squad HUD has been heavily reworked to be much more efficient.
- Suppression has had a small but effective change to reduce client side over working. Unverified yet.
- Most (95%+) of the remaining "while" loops have been converted to use perFrameHandler events. (Most (85%) of them were already converted in the past few months.)
- Overall, it should provide at least 15% more performance, or may be more. We will see. It will benefit those with low FPS, the most.
- We are in the middle of restructuring the team at the moment, so I will be requesting some help from the community in all departments soon, in order to keep this place running.