Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

Dev Progress Update - April 2016: Optimisation

What are the TacBF Devs working on?
Dr_Eyeball
Dev & Site Manager
Dev & Site Manager
In-game Name: Dr_Eyeball

Dev Progress Update - April 2016: Optimisation

Postby Dr_Eyeball » 23 Apr 2016, 14:26

TacBF Community,

Here is a quick update on our development progress.
There might be a release for v3.21 this week (around 26-28 April), if the new Arma Difficulty Settings are deemed to be a problem, otherwise I will wait another week or two if the current work-around on the server is suitable.

Current development work:
The entire focus for v3.21 has been Optimisation. It's a little bit technical this time, but I'll try to summerise it.
  • There is now a new "Processes List" debug option, (intended for dev's).
  • The option will be under Configuration->More->Performance Options->Toggle Processes Lists.
  • Upon toggling the lists off, it will save the lists to the RPT log file.
  • The feature is for monitoring performance of all processes in both perFrameHandler and executed/spawned scripts/functions/code, by timing & summing the execution duration of every process.
    Image Alt link 2
Optimisation findings from analysing Processes lists:
  • This has revealed 3 main problems: Squad HUD, suppression and some repeated unneeded processes.
  • Squad HUD has been heavily reworked to be much more efficient.
  • Suppression has had a small but effective change to reduce client side over working. Unverified yet.
  • Most (95%+) of the remaining "while" loops have been converted to use perFrameHandler events. (Most (85%) of them were already converted in the past few months.)
  • Overall, it should provide at least 15% more performance, or may be more. We will see. It will benefit those with low FPS, the most.
TacBF Team and Community Liaisons:
  • We are in the middle of restructuring the team at the moment, so I will be requesting some help from the community in all departments soon, in order to keep this place running.

Regards
TacBF Team.
Image Dr Eyeball - TacBF Dev
Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy.
And if you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you.
” Warren Buffett

weeman123
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name:

Re: Dev Progress Update - April 2016: Optimisation

Postby weeman123 » 23 Apr 2016, 23:19

thank you very much for the hard work of TacBF mod team since the release of the tblauncher and some tweaks in the last past months that you guys had already done TacBF frame wise it feels better ! i would like to see this mod promoted better because i think this mod has the essence of how A3 should be played !

Dr_Eyeball
Dev & Site Manager
Dev & Site Manager
In-game Name: Dr_Eyeball

Postby Dr_Eyeball » 26 Apr 2016, 13:37

Added a sample screenshot of the debug Processes lists to opening post, just FYI.

Skor
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name:

Postby Skor » 04 May 2016, 10:04

It's impressive to see how much you give to that community. Our team is brand new here and we really appreciate the way everyone interact. Thank You for the work made so far, the mod is great, it deserves so much more publicity.

crayon
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: crayon

Postby crayon » 05 May 2016, 14:28

Yes it's true. This mod is one of the best ARMA experiences I have ever had and I too think that it should be marketed to the wider ARMA community.
It is highly unlikely you will find a lasting solution to a problem if you do not adequately comprehend the origin of that problem.

"an appeaser is someone who feeds a crocodile hoping that he will be eaten last"

KeyCat
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby KeyCat » 05 May 2016, 21:26

weeman123 wrote:thank you very much for the hard work of TacBF mod team since the release of the tblauncher and some tweaks in the last past months that you guys had already done TacBF frame wise it feels better ! i would like to see this mod promoted better because i think this mod has the essence of how A3 should be played !

+1

/KC
a.k.a the bullet magnet "Johansson.C [21st Cav]"

>> It's all about teamwork! <<

Clay
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Clay » 11 May 2016, 10:47

Great work, Doc!

I received some ideas from russian community how to make TacBF game style a little bit less random and bring some more teamplay. When and where we could discuss it?

Also id like to know your plans regarding Admin options activation again

BR,
Clay

Return to “Current Development”