-= ANNOUNCEMENT =-
TacBF 2-Stage Campaign
OFFICIAL COMMUNITY EVENT
This event is a non-linear campaign consisting of two consequent missions:
Stage 1: A&S mission
Srage 2: A&D mission (stage 1 winner is attacking)
I.e. Stage 2 territory and available assets are dependent on Stage 1 result.
Teams (Sign-up is optional)
20 SLOTS PER TEAM
Sign-up Managers(via PM in Discord):
Russian Speakers - Mat
English Speakers - Oli Olsen
If Mat or Oli are unreachable, contact Clay
In 2006-2008, Republic of Chernarus, Eastern European country because of internal political contradictions, which escalated into civil war was introduced a joint peacekeeping force of Russian and NATO troops. The country was divided into zones of responsibility. After a long time the worsening national fragmentation has led to a retraction once peacekeeping troops are in a war against each other. Russian troops are advancing from North to South, trying to push blue to the sea; NATO troops moving up from the South to the North and is trying to squeeze the red mountains to the North. Red reinforcements from the North through the passes, to the blue sea side, where the grouping of ships of the European countries .
GENERAL INFO AND RULES
TacBF has been too casual and random lately. Let's take a chance to make it more fun and add some more tactics and teamplay. Let's play TacBF the way it's meant to be played
Briefing and Battle Preparation: 30 minutes (can be canceled as soon as both teams are ready)
Duration: ~3 hours
Squads are formed, strategy and tactics are discussed and vehicles crewed and loaded during paused Battle Prep.
During briefing time Squad Leaders should:
1. Form squads and assign squad mates to 2-3 fireteams (don't ignore this feature, coz it helps to keep your squads in order, let FT leaders take care of themselves and their FT members)
2. Request targets from Commander or discuss strategy with other SLs
3. Prepare FOs, construction supplies, static weapons e.t.c for transportation
4. Mark desired FO positions, LZs, your squad's targets e.t.c using map icons (example: FRODO:FO#1, SAM:LZ#1, GENLALF:DEFEND(over CapZone) e.t.c)
Anyone can sign up for the event (bare in mind there is only 20 slots per side to avoid uncontrolable chaos on the battlefield):
1. Join squad (squad management)
2. Pick your squad's frequency (numpad)
3. Contact your Squad Leader or Fireteam Leader for role and further orders
1. No not-in-squad players
2. No players without TaskForceRadio and/or mic
Don't occupy channel 1 unless the rest are taken
3. No lonewolfing (sniper/marksman kit is requested by SL. Got kit without a squad? > warning > kick)
4. CAS is only given to pilots, that approved themselves by airtrans or other useful activity
All CAS and airtrans pilots should be in the same squad
5. No tonimontana (jk) Any player whose skill is far beyond most players must take Squad Leader role and lead less experienced players (mostly newcomers) into the battle focusing on teamplay, intersquad communication and overall team performance. Share your outstanding experience with others, it'a teamplay event not solo frag fest.
6. AFK over 10 minutes - kick
7. No noob SL's, each squad should use RPs and help up with FOs if requested
SL's should call their destination in LR Ch1 and mark it on map. Utilize map with max efficiency
8. Commander role is occupied by any well known and experienced TacBF community member.
Commander can be replaced by another person during the event if necessary
9. Sign-up starts ~1 week before the event
10. Minimum 80% of assets at main should be utilized from the very start of the mission
Refusing to follow any of these rules might result in warning and following kick. We spend our time on this not to let anyone ruin our work
SERVER WILL BE LOCKED, PASSWORD WILL BE DISTRIBUTED IN TACBF TEAMSPEAK SHORTLY BEFORE THE MATCH
Join Official TacBF Community on Steam not to miss our events!
I strongly recommend to have a fireteam for each 3 players in a squad, and not more than 7 players per each infantry squad. So having at least 2 experienced TacBF members per squad is reasonable minimum.
DISCORD Chatroom for active community members willing to participate for event organization and mission editing:
TRAININGS & TEST SESSIONS
Regular test sessions and tranings for newcomers are organized by active community members. Fresh schedule you can find here.
Help us make TacBF better and contribute in community work
We need more:
- Enthusiastic devs and arma script professionals (implementation of many new features that we have in mind but don't have enough hands to add as soon as we want)
- Community liaisons (to promote the community, organize events and help newcomers fit in)
- YouTubers (to capture and share vids from events and test sessions)
- 3DEN enthusiasts (to create, edit, update missions for further events)
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE IN EVENT ORGANIZATION IN ANY WAY THAT IS MOST COMFORTABLE FOR YOU FEEL FREE TO LEAVE A COMMENT IN THIS THREAD OR CONTACT US DIRECTLY IN DISCORD