Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

Dslyecxi / Bohemia Interactive's ArmA 3 Tactics Guide

An area to discuss systems and ways of completing objectives and share tutorials.
dux
Newb
Newb
In-game Name: dux

Dslyecxi / Bohemia Interactive's ArmA 3 Tactics Guide

Postby dux » 31 Jan 2016, 20:45

Just bought the guide and wanted to share it here. If you are an experienced ArmA player it is all pretty much common sense but the newer players will definitely benefit.

Removed link

Stacktrace
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Re: Dslyecxi / Bohemia Interactive's ArmA 3 Tactics Guide

Postby Stacktrace » 01 Feb 2016, 00:06

I'm not sure that you are aware of that but if you've bought something and then share it with random people on the internet you are committing piracy.
It's nice that you want to share that manual with other people but it's sold and not given for free for a reason.

Everyone: if you want to read more or less the same content for free, and legally, consider going to Dslyecxi's TTP3 page.
I talk about you with Adanteh sometimes, like:
"Adanteh, what the f***? Where the f*** does this guy get so much motivation to do this? He is really f*** professional finishing a launcher for a game he doesnt play!"
- Gunther.S

dux
Newb
Newb

Postby dux » 01 Feb 2016, 00:11

Stacktrace wrote:I'm not sure that you are aware of that but if you've bought something and then share it with random people on the internet you are committing piracy.
It's nice that you want to share that manual with other people but it's sold and not given for free for a reason.

Everyone: if you want to read more or less the same content for free, and legally, consider going to Dslyecxi's TTP3 page.

I agree with you, it seemed like a good idea at the time. I will delete it now.

T.Mace
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby T.Mace » 01 Feb 2016, 22:59

Hey Dux,

Have you read the free version? Wondering if you can tell me more about the extra content in the paid version..
No FAKs given, they must be earned.

dux
Newb
Newb

Postby dux » 02 Feb 2016, 16:44

T.Mace wrote:Hey Dux,

Have you read the free version? Wondering if you can tell me more about the extra content in the paid version..

Hi T.Mace,

Yeah I have, the paid book actually has a series of chapters labelled "Premium Content"; these consist of chapters on Guerrilla Warfare, Paratroopers, Engineers, Reconnaissance, Combat Divers, SERE, and Fighting at Night.

The Guerrilla Warfare section has advice on fighting armor, baiting, ambushes, and creating confusion. Most of it was common sense:
Arma 3 Tactical Guide Pg. 297 wrote:Use explosives, such as improvised explosive devices (IEDs), to inflict casualties, then target the response elements.

The Paratrooper section contained no valuable substance whatsoever.

The Engineer section had some good stuff on mines and the damage they can do to specific ArmA 3 vehicles and personnel. There was a subsection on obstacle placement that would be completely relevant to newer TacBF players for base design/ FO defences.

The Recon section was pretty a substantial part of the premium content and contained the most valuable information, but even this section was not great:
Arma 3 Tactical Guide Pg. 319 wrote:Avoid complacency! The moment you relax or lower your standards is the moment you'll pay for it.

It did detail different roles that you can take when doing recon e.g. Route Recon (for helos); this stuff was ok.

The SERE section was a bit unnecessary for a game. There was a whole subsection on Survival, which could have been summarized as "If you are injured get medical aid". No s*** Sherlock.

TLDR;

This guide is aimed at people with literally no idea about anything military.
Not worth the money unless you buy it to support Dslyecxi, in that case you might as well become a patron.

T.Mace
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby T.Mace » 03 Feb 2016, 00:00

Thanks for the info, good to know!

I've read through some of the free version, just the parts that I find applicable to me. Wouldn't mind owning the hardcopy just cuz it would look perdy on my coffee table lol. But glad to know I'm not missing out on any vital infomation.

Cheers.
No FAKs given, they must be earned.

Return to “Tactics and Tutorials”