Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

My personal view on how not to play

An area to discuss systems and ways of completing objectives and share tutorials.
jack bauer
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name:

Postby jack bauer » 17 Sep 2015, 02:09

I honestly think using not using tactics is part of the problem. I'm not saying a thirty minute hike is the answer but lately, its like a massive COD game. I've lost several matches due to the suggestions of people in this thread...get shot, respawn... Why have a medical system then.

Your going to have to have some tactics, but every time I've seen people try to do it, including myself, we get yelled at that were trying to play tacicool military sim, when actually taking ten minutes max to help or try attacking from another angle IS the right thing to do, however people want the blue dot mob of bum rushing the flags...

I don't know, to me people want battlefield 4. Please take this with a grain of sand, but even some of the map and flag layouts don't seem the best. I appreciate every damn mission I play, as I don't play everyday, but some leave me scratching my head.

I don't think we need to have training sessions and all that s***, but I think at least a high level over view of stuff is really needed. I can't recall the last time I actually bounded to an objective with support fire from my team and teammates...that's not tacicool, that's damn comments sense but it seems it frowned upon a lot of the time.

Adanteh
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Re: My personal view on how not to play

Postby Adanteh » 17 Sep 2015, 03:51

I can't recall the last time I actually bounded to an objective with support fire from my team and teammates...that's not tacicool, that's damn comments sense but it seems it frowned upon a lot of the time.

I wouldn't say that on itself is frowned upon, but it's a VERY rare occasion where they don't need 5 minutes+ to set up to do a thing like that. And the moments it usually happens is when there's a single enemy sitting somewhere and they need 10 guys to do a flanking attack with suppressive fire. Sure, it's a nice tactic, but you could've also just walked straight to the point with 5 people all shooting everything that moves and you'll be there in a 10th of the time with the exact same effect. Sure it's just 5 minutes, but a in a lot of cases they actually do attacks like that have 0 value to the team. Meanwhile you're trying to defend an objective and there no people left to even attempt an attack on the next objective.

As for getting shot and respawning when there's a medical system.. Again, thing is that it's not rare at all to see large squads getting wiped out way out from any point of interest. Then they wait for a medic to run 200m to medic them. About 5 minutes later everyone is patched up and they're still sitting in the middle of nowhere. In those 5 minutes they could've all just clicked the respawn button once, spawned at base, load a truck up with FOs and set some up if they wanted to. Now if you have a squad on the other team that did decide to do that instead of waiting ages for a medic it might've cost them 5 tickets short term, but long term they have better spawn positions, brought some vehicles and supplies along and have a new line of attack.

lietuvis10
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby lietuvis10 » 17 Sep 2015, 11:21

I don't know, I think not respawning is also very imporant, in order to preserve tickets, which can be lost awfully fast with constant respawning. And I also think more fire and manouver divisions are needed - too often I have seen squads just straigt up charge into an objective endlessly to be wiped out. But on other side, too often I have seen full squads clicks away doing a flank on an already captured objective. Overall, both of these have to be balanced.

And for the love of all that is good and holy, use rallypoints. The enemy has a rallypoint so there is no shame in having a close respawn point for yourself aswell. The rallypoint system is a huge part of what makes TacBF a great PvP mode for ArmA 3 - it is not OP, as it can be easely blocked and destroyed, but it also encourages expermentation for SLs and prevents the game from turning into a big "hide & seek looking for the last remaining 2 guys/sit inside a biulding and stare at a doorway with a rifle" like many no respawn PVP sessions end up.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 17 Sep 2015, 17:15

It really depends on how extreme the 'tacticoolness' is. A squad running tactical formations in a city can be called tacticool but can also be effective.

A special forces squad that HALO's to the radar station on descent 2km away for a 2km run is not even remotely effective. I LOL'ed so much the last round I played on this because we literally captured all the points to their last point (since radar is optional objective) before they destroyed radar tower.

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
In-game Name: Schadler17

Postby Schadler17 » 17 Sep 2015, 21:09

Yeah on missions where theres side objectives, I always encourage people to just stick to the main objective.
Side objective helps unlock assets, which can help win the game for you, but there a side mission for a reason. They're not required to win, nor are the assets.
Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
C'est la vie, adios, good riddance, f*** you.

Return to “Tactics and Tutorials”