Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

My personal view on how not to play

An area to discuss systems and ways of completing objectives and share tutorials.
Alonso
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

My personal view on how not to play

Postby Alonso » 10 Sep 2015, 12:07

Hello.

This is just me ranting on the subject and my only personal opinion. Even if some members of the Team share the same view, this is not the Team's opinion but mine.

I believe it is important to understand that Tactical Battlefield is NOT a realism game. Don't care if Arma 3 is a sandbox that allows you play that game style: in Tactical Battlefield you can respawn, have infinite lives, objectives are clearly identified and each round is limited by time. Whoever team complete the objectives of the round win. It is an objective-driven PvP competitive game. It means that with actions like these:

• Doing a flaking manoeuvre of 3K long when you can automatically teleport to an RP/FO
  • Thinking is not cool to teleport to an RP/FO from base and instead wait for ages in base for a transport to become available
  • Have your whole unit in a transport helicopter to play Medivac with one medic in it while they could be taking or defending objectives
  • Sending the whole squad miles away to rescue an injured/disabled comrade or the survivor of a crashed heli far away from any objective or not falling back to an objective for the same reason because we don't leave anyone behind
  • Not respawning when it is really needed so you can get to defend an objective that will balance the game in favour of the other team because respawning is not realistic
  • Sitting outside of an objective and not moving in because we may have casualties

you are just hijacking the server and everyone's time to mentally masturbate yourself by thinking you are a soldier. But hey, breaking news, you are not: soldiers don't revive and bullets hurt and are scary as hell. This is a competitive game where every available legal option to make your team win must be used, that includes the teleporting channels provided by the game and respawning. Don't play it to be cool, play it to help your team win the game.

Do us a favour: if you think like the list I have described above, please find another server where to play, there are plenty of them. Do not unbalance a round by filling up one side and then not contributing to the actual game. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against realism, but Tactical Battlefield is not the place for it.
Last edited by Alonso on 10 Sep 2015, 12:12, edited 2 times in total.

Alan
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Re: My personal view on how not to play

Postby Alan » 10 Sep 2015, 12:08

Seconded

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
In-game Name: Schadler17

Postby Schadler17 » 10 Sep 2015, 20:30

My idea behind why you don't see many people inside the zones/flags is because of FPS drops. I personally try to stay on the outside of the zone (although inside it still) to reduce how much FPS I'm losing so I can still be effective in CQB situations.

But then, you also have maps/missions where its laid out that you can sit over-top of an objective and snipe down into it. People do this and forget how much time has passed, or simply just camp there all game.

Infantry roles are supposed to be front line combat troops. This means every last kit except for Snipers/Marksmen/Pilots/Crewman should be on or near the AO, otherwise they're basically useless. Unless of course, 2 squads are working together,(which rarely happens) where Squad 1 covers Squad 2 as they move into the AO. But then Squad 1 should be bounding up afterwards to the flag, or even the next flag. But a full squad of infantry should never just camp the hills/buildings around the AO. They should be inside it.

Like said before, you should only be OUTSIDE the AO if your SUPPORTING the elements that are inside the AO. AKA Snipers/APCs/Tanks/Helis/etc are fine, but basic infantry, not.
Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
C'est la vie, adios, good riddance, f*** you.

Alonso
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby Alonso » 11 Sep 2015, 10:31

There are lots of reasons why a squad might not want to step into a zone, with the FPS drop an unfortunate one if that is true. However, I was actually told by a squad that they were not moving into a zone because the area was not 100% secure and they might suffer casualties and they couldn't accept that :o Not that it was suicidal because the zone was packed with enemies or there as an APC in there, in fact our squad had clear it and, as we found out later, there was just one single enemy left inside...

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadler17 » 11 Sep 2015, 19:03

[BW] Alonso wrote:There are lots of reasons why a squad might not want to step into a zone, with the FPS drop an unfortunate one if that is true. However, I was actually told by a squad that they were not moving into a zone because the area was not 100% secure and they might suffer casualties and they couldn't accept that :o Not that it was suicidal because the zone was packed with enemies or there as an APC in there, in fact our squad had clear it and, as we found out later, there was just one single enemy left inside...

This is just sad then. Infantry Squads are meant to be the ones clearing zones. Casualties are why people have Rally Points and medics.
Whoever was leading that squad honestly doesn't need to if they cant accept/deal with a casualty or two when in an objective.

hoeksema
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: hoeksema

Postby hoeksema » 11 Sep 2015, 22:28

A whooooooooole lotta tacticool sniper squads today, crawling their way towards the AO from a km away. I tried to encourage them to get closer as well I could, but it was to no avail.

Alan
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Alan » 12 Sep 2015, 08:04

Believe me when I say the TacBF team is getting very pissed with this at the moment. We are working on a way to fix it. Personally I'm all for just kicking them, as Gunther pointed out they are breaking rule 1 of the server.

lietuvis10
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby lietuvis10 » 12 Sep 2015, 17:09

Alan wrote:Believe me when I say the TacBF team is getting very pissed with this at the moment. We are working on a way to fix it. Personally I'm all for just kicking them, as Gunther pointed out they are breaking rule 1 of the server.

Adding in a minimal AO, as in dont exit this could help.

Also what's with people not deployign Rally points easely? I had a game today, where we had atleast 3 organised BLUFOR teams, and NO really points. And guess what, we lost.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 13 Sep 2015, 00:04

Also what's with people not deployign Rally points easely? I had a game today, where we had atleast 3 organised BLUFOR teams, and NO really points. And guess what, we lost.

hmm

Thinking is not cool to teleport to an RP/FO from base and instead wait for ages

Thats the point of this :P ppl need to learn how to play the game. Luckily, we have something to hopefully help encourage SL's to setups RP's for next release.

Schadler17
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schadler17 » 13 Sep 2015, 00:50

Adding in a minimal AO, as in dont exit this could help.

As long as its not restricted to Planes/Helicopters. Only infantry and vehicles.

Return to “Tactics and Tutorials”