Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

How to play Tactical Battlefield

An area to discuss systems and ways of completing objectives and share tutorials.
Cole
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name: Cole

Re: How to play Tactical Battlefield

Postby Cole » 04 Sep 2015, 14:40

Better (and English) version of RPG-7 sights from UO forums:

Kopets
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name: Kopets

Postby Kopets » 04 Sep 2015, 20:32

The most underestimated class, in my opinion, is Engineer. Because not many people know what he is able to.
It can be described as "jack of all trades", and if you add him a silenced rifle or SMG it will be typical spec-ops class.
He is capable of:
1) Plant c4 charges to make ambushes and destroy FOB, armours and buildings.
2) Carry up to 10 mines in total: AP mines, AT mines, and around DP(SLAM) mines. Plus he has a mine detector. Still not sure is he able to defuse explosives.
3) Shoot from mortars.(Undortunately they have ballistic computers).
4) Repair fully red vehicles and aircrafts to yellow condition.
5) Use shotguns(that are kind of useless in my opinion. The only good thing about them is that even after the first shot they are suppresing you so much that you can't even see the enemy).

lietuvis10
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby lietuvis10 » 04 Sep 2015, 21:29

Kopets wrote:2) Carry up to 10 mines in total: AP mines, AT mines, and around DP(SLAM) mines. Plus he has a mine detector. Still not sure is he able to defuse explosives.

Regarding mine detector and defusal - he is able to have both a mine detector and defuse mines using a toolkit. Unfortunately neither saves in your loadout, and regarding mines, they are in need of a few tweaks and rebalances.

Kopets wrote:3) Shoot from mortars.(Undortunately they have ballistic computers).

All classes can shoot mortairs, but only engeneers and riflemen can man static AA and static arty and attach static AA to trucks.

In my opinions, rifleman is the jack of all trades and the class all newcomers should get familiar first. I had enough ammo that you can just dump mags in random directions without worrying about having to resupply, has a bunch of nice backpacks mean to help other classes and is pretty lgiht compared to others.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 04 Sep 2015, 23:35

All classes can shoot mortairs,

False, only engineers and riflemen sadly :( Unless some people are running mission side fixes for this annoying bug.. I mean feature :?

But best role ever =
UAV Operator role FTW!! :D

Can use the quadcopter! And setup SRP's! :o Also, has a cool goggles and snorkle icon

Alan
Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Alan » 05 Sep 2015, 08:28

Gunther.S wrote:

False, only engineers and riflemen sadly :( Unless some people are running mission side fixes for this annoying bug.. I mean feature :?

But best role ever =

Can use the quadcopter! And setup SRP's! :o Also, has a cool goggles and snorkle icon

haaaaang on a second. UAV operator can set rallies?

lietuvis10
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby lietuvis10 » 05 Sep 2015, 16:18

Alan wrote:
Gunther.S wrote:

But best role ever =

haaaaang on a second. UAV operator can set rallies?

It's because of the diver config. The diver class is able to set up rallies, carry MGs and Rocket launchers and ect. so that everyone in a squad can take the diver kit and be the diver squad, including the leader. But, in maps where diver is not needed, he is turned into heavy MG or UAV operator, but still retains those abilities.

Gunther.S
Admin
Admin
In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 05 Sep 2015, 16:32

What he said :)

Return to “Tactics and Tutorials”