Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

Session Lost

Technical support for TacBF, ArmA3 and systems in general
Firefokker
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name:

Session Lost

Postby Firefokker » 05 Mar 2017, 10:19

Hi,

Am trying to get back into the Mod after a couple of years of absence and was going to use some special me-time on the empty EU1 server to set up key-binds and whatnot.

Problem is I get kicked back to the lobby after a few minutes with a 'Session Lost' message, and I can't figure out what the problem is. All mod components are synced via the Steam Workshop, the admins fixed the certificate problems after the update yesterday, and TeamSpeak including the TacBF module are brand new.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Firefokker
“Each Javelin round costs $80,000, and the idea that it's fired by a guy who doesn't make that in a year at a guy who doesn't make that in a lifetime is somehow so outrageous it almost makes the war seem winnable.”
― Sebastian Junger, War

Dr_Eyeball
Dev & Site Manager
Dev & Site Manager
In-game Name: Dr_Eyeball

Re: Session Lost

Postby Dr_Eyeball » 05 Mar 2017, 14:25

It's a bad feature of Arma. You will usually find that the error is shown via the chat messages upon connection.
Unfortunately, Arma doesn't tell you what that message is. :roll:
You often need to find someone who is already on the server to tell you what that error message is.
(There might be a case where this is not the case, but it is very common that it does show the message in game.)

Is your in-game name the same as your forum name? I cannot find any mention of you in the server logs.

Using the TacBF Launcher will most often solve this problem for you. Note: the latest Launcher allows you to reuse addons from other folders outside of "Arma 3\Tactical Battlefield\" now.

Also check in the MP Server Listing screen. Highlight/select server EU1.
Then examine the mod list in the bottom right for any red indicator icons, or in the server name row itself.
Image Dr Eyeball - TacBF Dev
Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence, and energy.
And if you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you.
” Warren Buffett

Firefokker
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name:

Postby Firefokker » 05 Mar 2017, 14:41

Ah, cheers. I was logged as Zack McKracken this morning; haven't gotten round to change the name back yet...
“Each Javelin round costs $80,000, and the idea that it's fired by a guy who doesn't make that in a year at a guy who doesn't make that in a lifetime is somehow so outrageous it almost makes the war seem winnable.”
― Sebastian Junger, War

Stacktrace
Community Member
Community Member
In-game Name:

Postby Stacktrace » 05 Mar 2017, 16:15

Firefokker wrote:Problem is I get kicked back to the lobby after a few minutes with a 'Session Lost' message

I had the same problem a week ago. By "the same", I mean being kicked after some time which usually was about a minute after joining the game.

Everything was fine and it turned out that it was my ISP/router that somehow blocked me while trying to check all the signatures and files integrity (probably lots of UDP packets sent to and from the server). Arma noticed the packets were not relayed correctly after a minute and kicked me with a "Session lost" message. People on the server either reported that my files did not match or that I timed out during the check.

After contacting the ISP, they quickly fixed that issue in 5 minutes and I was able to play.
I talk about you with Adanteh sometimes, like:
"Adanteh, what the f***? Where the f*** does this guy get so much motivation to do this? He is really f*** professional finishing a launcher for a game he doesnt play!"
- Gunther.S

Firefokker
Ranked
Ranked
In-game Name:

Postby Firefokker » 05 Mar 2017, 16:37

Yes, that makes sense.

After what you said about ARMA not getting the packets in time I realised that my OneDrive war syncing large amounts of data at the time I got booted off; so I disabled the sync and tried again and I was able to stay in for about 15 minutes without problems, then I logged off manually.

Will see if it remains stable on a full server...
― Sebastian Junger, War

Return to “Technical Support”