Join our Discord Channels!
Join our Steam Groups! Image TacBF Mod & TacBF Event Notifications.
@CBA_A3 & TacBF updated. | Get TacBF Launcher!
Recent updates applied: @CBA_A3 3.3.1-170504, @TacBF 3.24.10. (13 May 2017)
Image $ Please donate a little, to keep server. - Read more...

Leaving Before I Even Begin

Anything other than TacBF talk.
In-game Name: BluesAdam

Leaving Before I Even Begin

Postby BluesAdam » 08 Jan 2016, 20:44

Hi all,

I recently wanted to give TacBF a shot. Downloaded everything, gave it a shot today (in the morning). The EU#1 server was almost empty with only 7 players and the performance was great at around 40 fps. I honestly thought it was promising.

Just half an hour ago, joined again (waited a long while in the queue though hehe). I knew that until I got used to, there was going to be quirks. I could not find much of a teamplay, no one was using the radio, had a hard time finding a squad but I knew that it was mostly me as I am new to the game and don't know the ways so I kept playin. Although I could not... I simply could not play.

FX 6350 cpu and R9 270 graphics card with 8gb of ram and all I had was 8 fps. I dropped visibility distance all the way down to 600 meters but nothing helped. I managed to bring one guy back to health in the middle of an objective zone, which was super exciting. That was the moment I understood that the mod really had potential, but the performance is just low.

Anyway, I am not complaining or anything. I am just sad that I have to leave without even getting to know you guys. So, yeah, I wanted to say hi to all of you :) Maybe I will join you one day, but not today, have fun without me.

Peace out.

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
In-game Name: Schadler17

Re: Leaving Before I Even Begin

Postby Schadler17 » 08 Jan 2016, 22:03

Performance is always an issue, even without the mods we run. The only way to get rid of the FPS issue, is to upgrade your CPU. Even if we ran a vanilla server with no scripts/mods, you would end up lagging once you get 40-70 players in the same area shooting at eachother. Why? Arma.

The engine Arma runs on is heavily singlethreaded, meaning you can have an 8 core processor overclocked at 4.5ghz and you'll still only pull 20 FPS. The reason behind that, is cause Arma doesn't utilize anywhere close to your full processor strength, meaning only 1-2 of your cores will be working, while the others perform other tasks for your PC.

Theres a few tweaks you can do by googling, but honestly, nothing has helped FPS for me, only how steady the FPS are. I used to drop to less than 10 FPS constantly, but now I idle around 15-20 and rarely drop below 10 after some tweaking.

All in all, unless you plan on upgrading your CPU to a better singlethreaded processor, don't expect good FPS on high pop'd arma servers where everything is tightly packed together. It just won't happen.

In the end, i just learn to live with it and try not to focus on how low FPS is. But we all know how that goes in middle of firefights, especially when you die because of it lol.
Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
C'est la vie, adios, good riddance, f*** you.

In-game Name:

Postby Gunther.S » 09 Jan 2016, 13:08

Greetings and goodbye! :) sad you only gave one mission a chance but its customer preference to decide how long he wants to test a game. Good luck in your gaming elsewhere!

Community Confidant
Community Confidant
In-game Name:

Postby Clay » 13 Jan 2016, 17:11

Only Intel CPUs run Arma more or less acceptable. i5 4570k + 660GTX is minimum, that would give you playable 30-60 fps (with good balanced rig in general)

AMD stuff is no longer a good choice for games..

Return to “Off-Topic”